Hairstyling/hot towel

Question
Dana :D i really want to thank you so much for all what u told me ^_^ my hair is getting better,,and i do everything u told me :eating healthy food,doing exercise,using conditioner from 3 to 5 minutes,using CHI shampoo, putting castor oil only on the front part for thin hair,and don't  go out in the morning very often (it's summer now, and the problem of humidity for hair)
Really really thank you :):)
I wanted to ask about the hot towel for my hair, how can i do it? and do i use kind of oils (i guess coconut oil or olive oil) on the scalp? And you think it's a good idea to make the hot towel?
thanks.

Answer
Hi Flower,

Sorry for the late reply. And you are most welcome. I'm glad you are seeing improvement. If you are going to use oil or serum designs for hair, Redken Diamond Oil or Matrix Exquisite Oil for example, heat isn't necessary but you can use it if you like it. If you are going to use all purpose oil, heat will help it penetrate a bit deeper. Some oils naturally have a small enough molecular structure to penetrate the hair. Others do not. That's when you use heat. The heat swells the hair shaft a bit allowing the oil to penerptrate deeper.  Then, when you shampoo, rinse etc., with cool water, you lose the cuticle down, sealing the oil in.  

If you want to use a hot towel you can either use hot water or just use a towel straigt out of the dryer. If I need to apply heat, I usually just put on a plastic processing cap and use my blow dryer or a cap dryer to warm it up.  It's a lot easier if you just use oils that you know will penetrate the hair shaft on their own. Different oils have different molecular structure so when you use something like one of the oils I mentioned above, you get repair and moisture both inside and outside the hair shaft. You can mix these yourself just by reading the ingredients list or doing a quick google search. Coconut Oil and Olive Oil are moisturizers, which is great but you might want to add something like Safflower oil. It promotes growth, moisture and naturally contains fatty acids that protect the lipid balance on the surface of your hair.

And yes, you may apply it to your scalp. Here are a couple of articles I refer to often:
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/olive-oil-for-hair-growth.html
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/safflower-oil-for-hair-growth.html

Hairstyling

Dana Sear