Hairstyling/I was inquiring about a hairstyle

Don\'t know hairstyle
Don't know hairstyle  
Hello, I want to get my brother a haircut like this but I don't know what I would tell the barber? Please help me!

Hi Vanessa,

Is this the right photo? You say you don't want bangs below the brow but this photo is a short hair cut.

There's no universal Hairdresser language. Your best bet would be to print the picture and take it with you. If it is not a clipper cut or something like that, I would go to a hairdresser over a barber. Not because barbers don't do a great job. They do. But, most of the barbers in my area don't work in full service salons where you go in and do a full consultation and that sort of thing.

Let me know if there's a  photo missing or try posting again. If this is the haircut you're looking for, just take it with you to the salon.

Dana Sear

I can answer questions on all types of hairstyling, cutting, designing, coloring, corrective color, perming techniques,product knowledge, and in general, anything that has anything to do with hair. PLEASE NOTE: I am a professional designer and trainer. I do hair and teach advanced classes to licensed designers. I do not, under any circumstances, recommend doing chemical services including but not limited to relaxers, perms, color, highlights, or any other chemical service at home. I will not tell you how to use professional products nor will I tell you how to do your color at home. What I CAN do is arm you with current and accurate information and help you to be able to better communicate with your stylist/designer. I can also help you with what you need to do at home to maintain, protect, and treat your hair.

I have been a designer and educator for 31 years. I have been a salon consultant for Redken, affiliate trainer for ABBA Pure and Natural, Director of Education for my own salon and am currently a member of the design team and advanced trainer for my company. I specialize in corrective color, perming and style support, and image updates (make overs)

I have been actively licensed for 31 years. I actively participate in and teach cutting, perming, coloring, and business building classes. I am a REDKEN Certified Haircolorist, and REDKEN Specialist. I also have extensive training in Structure in Motion Cutting Techniques and Tigi Cutting.