Hairstyling/Keratin after opti.smooth damage?

I have done keratin treatments in a salon for about a yr every 3 months. Took 6 month break and then just did opti.smooth in another salon. I have bleached/colored fine hair that was severely damaged after this process. For the first week hair was breaking off and falling out and ends were wirey looking. I have done several deep conditioning treatments and use oil before and after blow drying and hair is looking better but still is very fragile when wet. Would it be helpful or harmful to wait a month and do a keratin treatment in the salon over this mess? And I need to color soon, will permanent color damage it further?

If you are only colouring the new growth then there should be no problem. As for the keratin, if it's done properly it should help strengthen the hair. I'm surprised that the other salon did a relaxer on hair with bleach. Usually not suggested.
Continue conditioning well on a regular basis and in a month the keratin should be safe.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in