Hairstyling/Urgent help mixed race hair in trouble

Question
I am desperate and need urgent help. I am mixed race and have normally a lot of hair with beautiful defined curls... i use john frieda products.. in february i decided to braid my hair and 6 weeks later i decided to open the braids as i saw that it was knotting at the roots offcourse that was all the hair that had gathered which normal falls off weekly when i opened my braids my roots were knotted and i used the back end of a comb and literally ripped my hair open.. i lost a lot of hair i have bold patches and my hair is one big limp frizz ball ... its all ruined and my hair is my trade mark and i dont what to do to repair it i have tried conditioning it evrything its ruied its frizzed and broken... i am so sad i am thinking of shaving my whole head but i am sure i will regret that even more can someone help please

Answer
Hi Charlene,

It's going to be okay. You have to give your hair time to become healthy again. Instead of shaving it.You can cut it in a short funky style. Continue to condition your hair with moisturizing products and it will grow back. Here are a few steps to take. Apply conditioner to your hair especially on the ends. Place a plastic cap on your head and let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse. So this every 2 weeks. Use a leave in conditioner but also moisturize your hair every 2-3 days. Really focus on the ends. Don't put any harsh gels or sprays in your hair at this time. Those products will just dry your hair out even more. Do this on a consistent basis and you hair will grow back. I have clients come to me all the time that feel there's no hope for their hair. As long as you stick to a routine and be consistent you hair will grow.. Good luck to you. Feel free to contact me again if you have nay questions.

Hairstyling

Jackie Winn