Hairstyling/Redken Color Fusion 7N & 8N -

I have been getting the same all over color for several years at a salon.  I watched the mixing and know the exact formula they use.  I ordered the products online, but the color does not have any of the strawberry blondish I usually have, sort of dull.  The only variable I may have wrong is the developer.  I used Redken cream developer 20%.

Redken Color Fusion (brownish tube) half tube each 7N and 8N with equal part developer

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Hi Pam,

I have to tell you first that I never, under any circumstances recommend doing color at home. Especially if you're using diverted color sold illegally to non professionals. There's no telling how old the product is, or if it's what it says it is. The tubes of color are probably ok but developer is easily watered down or substituted. Don't be mad. I give everyone the same speech. I bought my house by fixing color oops' that happen outside the salon :c)

I'd recommend going back to your colorist for a glaze to  warm up the color. S/he should be able to look at it and tell what's missing and a glaze will bring it back to normal.

Good luck,

Dana Sear

I can answer questions on all types of hairstyling, cutting, designing, coloring, corrective color, perming techniques,product knowledge, and in general, anything that has anything to do with hair. PLEASE NOTE: I am a professional designer and trainer. I do hair and teach advanced classes to licensed designers. I do not, under any circumstances, recommend doing chemical services including but not limited to relaxers, perms, color, highlights, or any other chemical service at home. I will not tell you how to use professional products nor will I tell you how to do your color at home. What I CAN do is arm you with current and accurate information and help you to be able to better communicate with your stylist/designer. I can also help you with what you need to do at home to maintain, protect, and treat your hair.

I have been a designer and educator for 31 years. I have been a salon consultant for Redken, affiliate trainer for ABBA Pure and Natural, Director of Education for my own salon and am currently a member of the design team and advanced trainer for my company. I specialize in corrective color, perming and style support, and image updates (make overs)

I have been actively licensed for 31 years. I actively participate in and teach cutting, perming, coloring, and business building classes. I am a REDKEN Certified Haircolorist, and REDKEN Specialist. I also have extensive training in Structure in Motion Cutting Techniques and Tigi Cutting.