QUESTION: hey Dana! :D how r u? :*
please i wanna ask a question..after shampooing,can i use yogurt and honey (mixed together) as a conditioner? will they be good enough (instead of conditioner that might contain chemical ingredients)??

ANSWER: Hello there!

The quick answer is no.  The molecular structure of yogurt and honey is too large.  It may make the outside of your hair feel ok for a minute but it will not repair the inner structure. Plus, you'll probably have to shampoo it again to get it off your hair.  AND, if you don't remove it completely, it will spoil and sour in your hair and on your scalp.  

Hair needs, for example, protien. You could pin a pork chop to your bangs. It doesn't mean the protein is going to stick. Putting it on the outside of the hair strand is a waste of time. :c)

QUESTION: yes, thank you :D i've also known from the internet that while using the conditioner, i should  apply it only on the ends and middle part of the hair but not the scalp to avoid dandruff on the scalp , is this true?

Not necessarily. I only tell my clients with very naturally oily scalp to avoid conditioner on the scalp. The only reason conditioner would  cause dandruff would be if it wasn't rinsed out completely. I've never had dandruff a day in my life and I've always applied conditioner scalp to ends, If you want to avoid dandruff, rinse very well.

Dana Sear

I can answer questions on all types of hairstyling, cutting, designing, coloring, corrective color, perming techniques,product knowledge, and in general, anything that has anything to do with hair. PLEASE NOTE: I am a professional designer and trainer. I do hair and teach advanced classes to licensed designers. I do not, under any circumstances, recommend doing chemical services including but not limited to relaxers, perms, color, highlights, or any other chemical service at home. I will not tell you how to use professional products nor will I tell you how to do your color at home. What I CAN do is arm you with current and accurate information and help you to be able to better communicate with your stylist/designer. I can also help you with what you need to do at home to maintain, protect, and treat your hair.

I have been a designer and educator for 31 years. I have been a salon consultant for Redken, affiliate trainer for ABBA Pure and Natural, Director of Education for my own salon and am currently a member of the design team and advanced trainer for my company. I specialize in corrective color, perming and style support, and image updates (make overs)

I have been actively licensed for 31 years. I actively participate in and teach cutting, perming, coloring, and business building classes. I am a REDKEN Certified Haircolorist, and REDKEN Specialist. I also have extensive training in Structure in Motion Cutting Techniques and Tigi Cutting.