Hairstyling/Natural 5 to 7ash &highlights

Hi hairman

The age old question- how do I get my natural level 5 to a 7 ash with no warmth?
I know that's impossible with color, so I thought just bleach and tone.
But then I  want to be a 7 ash with blond highlights, so that would end up being a "double double" process.
Can hair handle that and still feel like hair? Then I thought what if I do it backwards, and do an on scalp bleach touch up, foil in (heavy) the 7, then use a violet toner over it all? My goal is a level 7 ash base with level 10 highlights. My problem is the base.My current formula is redken colorgels 7na 20 vol for base,, foil highlight with matrix colorgraphics 22 promoter with the green pigment, and then matrix spv( which I love) to tone the highlights. Of course, my base is brassy, and I tried a 6n with 30 vol but it was darker than I wanted and still brassy anyway. How would you do it? Sometimes I wish I had grey hair, then It would be so much easier lol!
I am a licensed hairstylist by the way. What would you do if I was your client?

( I am a licensed hairdresser by the way)  So if I was your client, what would you do?

In a natural level 5, a cool level 7 should be possible with a level 7 ash and 30 or 40 volume. Remember however, that you will still see some natural warmth in the hair under any light. If some of this natural gold or warmth is not there the hair will look green and brackish, not at all attractive. This can also be achieved with bleaching and toning, bleaching only to the level needed for level 7 colour and then applying the level 7. On top of this you would then highlight. Done properly it would not be as bad as all that since it would not be bleached to blonde, deepened and then bleached again. The ideal in this case would be to bleach to the level needed for the level 7, then foil in the highlights to continue lightening the highlights and while they are processing the level 7 would be applied around the foils. Either way, this is not a DIY project. You really want to have this done professionally.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in