Hairstyling/Please can you help me figure out a new haircut?

I am having a lot of trouble finding a good haircut for me. I hate doing anything with my hair; in fact I usually just step out of the shower and let it air dry. I have naturally wavy hair that tends to get a thin sort of "top coat" of little frizzies. I have gotten the comment that I look like Emma Watson. Brown eyes, brown hair that tends to get  heavy on the bottom even at shoulder length, and perhaps a more oval shaped face and higher forehead. I'm also 17. Do you have any hair suggestions for me, new cuts to try? I appreciate it so very much! Thank you!

ANSWER: Kaitlin,
 IF your hair is thick and looks kind of heavy at the bottom it probably needs a bit of layering at the bottom just to lighten up the bulk there. This doesn't mean short layers at all, just long layers that remove some bulk at the bottom. The frizzies will take a bit more doing. For this issue you'll want to use a combination of products. First start with a moisturizing or smoothing shampoo and conditioner. Towel dry and add a bit of a nourishing oil. There are many brands and types, like Biosilk, Morroccan oil(which is argan oil, from the Morroccan Argan tree), as well as many others that contain botanicals, silicones and such for smoothing the hair. Use sparingly and work through well, as these oils are very concentrated. Follow with a light to medium hold mousse and comb through with a WIDE tooth comb and leave. The combination of layering these products over one another will seal the hair and reduce or eliminate frizz for you.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

QUESTION: Thank you so so so very much! I appreciate your help more than you could ever ever know! Thank you so very much! I will try these tricks straight away:) do you have any hair cuts, despite just long layering, that are very "in" right now and that would suit my looks? A pixie cut, something longer, to my shoulders, past my shoulders? Bangs? Maybe a celebritie's haircut? Thank you so very much!  This is what I look like!

For starters, you look beautiful and your hair looks great. I don't think it look thick or heavy at the bottom. As for a style, what you have looks nice. I don't like to suggest specific styles, but rather, silhouettes. For your face shape, slightly longer than oval, I would avoid too much length, as that will elongate your face. Probably best to keep it no longer than shoulder length. A bit of a bang like you have is good. I would avoid totally exposed forehead or a lot of volume on top for the same reason. It's all about maintaining a silhouette sround the face that gives the illusion of an oval face shape.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in