Hairstyling/Re..coppers and roots

Question
Hi
My client is a base 6 and wants to be a brighter copper tone with highlights.
I use Alphaparf and she likes colour 7.45..  Her ends are a darker tone due To cosmetic colour.. Base 6..
My question is..
I know colour does not lift colour but if I start from 1inch down from roots with the 7.45 and 20v and leave on for 20mins will it lift to a copper tone..?
I would then put roots on for final 20mins with some 7 neutral to avoid "Hot Roots"
Will this work or should I stick with a base of 6 with copper tones to avoid uneven disrtributation ..
Is it easier to wash off colour and then do highlights as I feel it could get quite messy if I try and do fouls first..

Answer
Hi Tracy,

While color doesn't predictably lift color, it does affect it. The problem is, there's no way to know exactly what you're going to end up with. So, I would say no to trying to lift the color with more color. You might consider doing a quick decolorizing wash before you do anything else.

As for color and highlights, there are several ways to do it. You can apply the color, process, shampoo and dry under a cap dryer while you prepare your highlights.  You can do the highlights, folding the foils carefully and gently movie them out of the way to app,y color in between. My preference is to apply the color and highlights simultaneously. Apply your color then in the next section apply you foil. Alternating as you would if you were doing a highlight/lowlight except you cover all the hair.  

Hairstyling

Dana Sear