Hairstyling/Hair rebonding, perming and styling

Hi,I'm from Malaysia. I just rebonded my hair last week, is it possible to perm my hair now ? Can it last long ? My hair is very dry, thick and coarse. And any suggestions on hairstyles for oblong shape face ? Can I do center parting ? Some said that it does not look good on oblong face. Is beach waves hair can be perm ? Thanks for taking your time to read my question.

Hi Kelly,

I would not recommend doing any other chemical service such as a perm over your rebonding service. If your hair is already dry, it will only make it worse. It sounds like you need a deep conditioning treatment.

You are correct that in general, middle parts are not ideal on oblong faces. Oblong faces often look great with fringe. Straight down or side swept looks good. You want to avoid long, all one length hair. Lots of layers look great.  Without being able to see you I can only give general ideas but a google search for haircuts for oblong faces will produce many suggestions.

Beach waves can be created with a perm but since you just had your hair rebounded, I would not recommend getting a perm.  

Dana Sear

I can answer questions on all types of hairstyling, cutting, designing, coloring, corrective color, perming techniques,product knowledge, and in general, anything that has anything to do with hair. PLEASE NOTE: I am a professional designer and trainer. I do hair and teach advanced classes to licensed designers. I do not, under any circumstances, recommend doing chemical services including but not limited to relaxers, perms, color, highlights, or any other chemical service at home. I will not tell you how to use professional products nor will I tell you how to do your color at home. What I CAN do is arm you with current and accurate information and help you to be able to better communicate with your stylist/designer. I can also help you with what you need to do at home to maintain, protect, and treat your hair.

I have been a designer and educator for 31 years. I have been a salon consultant for Redken, affiliate trainer for ABBA Pure and Natural, Director of Education for my own salon and am currently a member of the design team and advanced trainer for my company. I specialize in corrective color, perming and style support, and image updates (make overs)

I have been actively licensed for 31 years. I actively participate in and teach cutting, perming, coloring, and business building classes. I am a REDKEN Certified Haircolorist, and REDKEN Specialist. I also have extensive training in Structure in Motion Cutting Techniques and Tigi Cutting.