Hairstyling/rebonded hair back to natural hair

Question
Uhm hello I got my hair rebonded once last january 2013 and I really want my old hair back, the natural one which wasn't treated with anything. I have been researching and saw that i should just wait till my natural hair grows back again (which is what I'm doing right now) and I also saw that you can consult your stylist and have your rebonded hair treated with chemicals that can reverse rebonded hair into your natural hair but it will severely damage your hair, is this true ? And, how long does it take to grow my natural hair back? Please reply for I have been searching for answers ever since

Answer
Hi Jillian,

Yes. I wouldn't recommend doing a second chemical treatment over the original rebonding treatment. Most hair types don't do well with overlapping chemical processes. As for how long it takes hair to grow back depends on how fast your hair grows.  Regular deep conditioning treatments and getting trims when the ends get dry (BEFORE you have split ends) and using products designed for your hair type helps. As does treating your hair gently , especially when it's wet.

Hair grows an average of one inch in 4 to 6 weeks. That's an average. By preventing split ends and taking care of your hair, you can expect about that much growth. Without knowing how long your hair is now, how long you'd like it to be, and how much new growth you have now, I can't tell you how long it will take to grow it out but I can tell you that you'll have an inch or so of new growth every 6 weeks and you can cut that much of the rebounded hair off the ends.  The rebounded hair will have to be cut off but there's no need to do it all at once.

Good luck.

Hairstyling

Dana Sear