Hairstyling/hair care

Question
Hi. I have think and weak hair. I want to have a shampoo that's not harsh on my scalp. I'm using garne fructis right now.I was thinking something with argon oil or keratin, or coconut oil. maybe something I have to buy in a hair cut studio. I got my hair cut a week ago and she said I should use a conditioner. I don't use it but I use those leave in conditioners sometimes but I don't know how those help.

Answer
Hi Shari,

If your hair is weak, you can't skip the conditioner and you need one that is mostly protein. Redken Extreme is a good example. Joico Kpak reconstructor is another good one. Leave in conditioners work of you're using the right one for your hair type. Right now though you need something for the breakage and weakness. Redken Antisnap or AG Hair Cosmetics Fast Food both work amazingly well but pretty much, every product line carries some sort of anti breakage serum or spray so if you have a favorite product line, they probably have something you'd like.  

As far as shampoos and conditioners go, I can't really recommend a specific product line without knowing more about your hair, but in general it still needs to be something designed for distressed or damaged hair. Protein is sticky and will go in and fill in the potholes breakage creates making your hair stronger and more pliable.  

Hairstyling

Dana Sear