Hairstyling/shampoo and conditioner

shampoo and conditioner
shampoo and conditione  
I have almost waist long wavy thick hair and im trying to grow it out a few more inches and keep it as healthy as possible. I RARELY style my hear with heat. I trim it 1 cm to 3/4 an inch every 8 weeks. I sleep with a silk pillow as well. I am going to try a shampoo and conditioner that is sulfate free and i need your opinion on of the products will be safe for my hair and non-damaging. Ive attached the pictures of the products not inluding their ingredients because i couldnt properly get them all in the picture due to how round the bottle was.... make sense ha, so here is the list of imgredients in the shampoo:
Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine (Coconut Derived), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (Coconut), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (Coconut Derived), Lauryl Glucoside (Vegetable Derived), Glycerin (Vegetable), Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Lea Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Plant Derived), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Polysorbate 20 (vegetable derived), Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (Plant Derived), Sodium Hydroxide Glyceryl Undecylenate (Vegetable Derived), Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid (Vegetable Derived), Fragrance

And conditioner:

Water, Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Stearyl Alcohol (Veg Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Caprylic/Capric Trigly Derived), Benzyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride (Veget Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetab Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Borago Officina Oil, Tocopherol Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Alo (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Persea Gratissima ( Extract, Viola Tricolor (Pansy) Extract, Sesamum Indicum Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydroxyethylcellulose (Plant Der Sorbate, Citric Acid, Fragrance*.

* Phthalate Free

Hi A,

The ingredient list looks ok. Lots of moisture in there. Moisture doesn't repair.  It just keeps hair soft and supple. The real test will be how you like it once you use it. The problem with ingredient lists is that they aren't very transparent. The fragrance looks like the biggest problem although i doubt you'll have any trouble with it.

Be sure to loosely braid your hair when your sleeping. :c)

Dana Sear

I can answer questions on all types of hairstyling, cutting, designing, coloring, corrective color, perming techniques,product knowledge, and in general, anything that has anything to do with hair. PLEASE NOTE: I am a professional designer and trainer. I do hair and teach advanced classes to licensed designers. I do not, under any circumstances, recommend doing chemical services including but not limited to relaxers, perms, color, highlights, or any other chemical service at home. I will not tell you how to use professional products nor will I tell you how to do your color at home. What I CAN do is arm you with current and accurate information and help you to be able to better communicate with your stylist/designer. I can also help you with what you need to do at home to maintain, protect, and treat your hair.

I have been a designer and educator for 31 years. I have been a salon consultant for Redken, affiliate trainer for ABBA Pure and Natural, Director of Education for my own salon and am currently a member of the design team and advanced trainer for my company. I specialize in corrective color, perming and style support, and image updates (make overs)

I have been actively licensed for 31 years. I actively participate in and teach cutting, perming, coloring, and business building classes. I am a REDKEN Certified Haircolorist, and REDKEN Specialist. I also have extensive training in Structure in Motion Cutting Techniques and Tigi Cutting.