Hairstyling/i don't know how to fix my hair

Question
Hi, I originally have curly hair that has been damaged from years of colouring and blowdrying. I'm 26, i made my hair red and i wanna keep it this way. I love curly hair but it often looks so dull and dry that the curls don't look healthy anymore. I tried doing a keratin straightening treatment 4 times and my hair starting breaking! My hair now is curly but more towards wavy and damaged. I had a loreal fiberceutic treatment last week and i don't see any difference yet. Is there a certain hair treatment that is proven to fix damaged easy to break hair! I'm using kerastase and shwarskopf shampoos and hair masks. I was it every 3 days and blow dry every week. I know oils like argan are good and i used it before, but isn't gonna spoil the red colour? every hair dresser i ask wants to sell me his/her product so i can't trust their opinion anymore.

Answer
Hi Rana,

Why do you feel like you can't trust your hairdressers? We typically sell the products we know. When I have a client in my chair, the first thing I do is an assessment of their hair. Condition, color, growth patterns, etc.  Once the client and I decide what we're going to do and how to do it in the least intrusive way, we figure out what the client is going to have to do to maintain it. I always tell my clients what hey need.  Whether they choose to buy it or not is up to them. My point being, if the stylists are giving you advice on what you need, I'm not sure what you want from me. I'm going to give you the same type of advice. I would recommend professional products and how to use them. How is that any different or better than what someone who can actually SEE your hair can do?

Damaged ends, once they are split cannot be repaired. Color treated hair needs a combination of protein and moisture, ( more protein ), sunscreen, shine and smoothing agents. Too much moisture will cause color to fade, not enough moisture can do the same thing.  FOUR straightening treatments, especially if they were overlapped is too many times.  I would suspect that you need to layer some protein to see much difference after that.

Hair that is breaking easily needs protein also. There are many that are proven to work but I think the 4 straightening treatments are the main consideration. It's gong to take more than one protein treatment to repair that. I would check to see if there's a treatment that goes with the straightening treatments you used. In general you need protein to stop the breakage. I would strongly advise getting your hair in good condition  prior to any more straightening. You might check out Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus but there are many brands to choose from.  

Hairstyling

Dana Sear