Hairstyling/face shape and men hairstyle options

Hi, I have a long, rectangular shaped  face with an angular jawline.  I'm up for trying a new hairstyle though I'm not sure what would be appropriate for my features.  
Thank you!

The ideal is to give the illusion of an oval face shape if possible. To that end you would want to reduce the rectangular look somewhat. Since a gentleman usually looks just fine with an angular jawline, we won't really be concerned with that. To reduce the rectangular look, allow a bit of hair to fall onto the forehead. This will shorten and widen the shape of the face. Then, maintaining some width by keeping your hair slightly longer on the upper sides will make the face look more oval. If you put your hand at the side of your head just above your ear you will feel the flat of the head. Just above that you will feel the head start to curve. The area just where the head is about to curve is where you will want your fullness for a more oval look.
Any style that uses these shapes will work for you.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)  

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in