Hairstyling/Should I get a pixie cut?

Question
Me
Me  

The pixie cut I adore!
The pixie cut I adore!  
Hello!

I have wanted a pixie cut for a long while now, but like many others, I'm stuck wondering if I can pull it off! I'm 17 and I am 5'3 with a pear shaped body that is athletic and muscled from a lifetime of sports and dance, and I have slightly broader shoulders than most but they balance nicely. I've attached a picture of myself and of the pixie cut I adore. Could I pull this particular cut off? Would another pixie cut suit me better? Would a pixie haircut even suit me at all? Thank you so much for your time and response! It is very greatly appreciated!

Answer
Hi Kaitlin,

Oh my gosh, Absolutley ! I LOVE that cut and you're adorable.  I think you will probably like it best if you leave just a splash of volume in the crown area. I say go for it.  The trick to getting the right hair cut is knowing what your face shape is.  Hair cuts that look best create balance. By adding or taking away height, width or movement you make a square, round, pear etc., shaped face look more oval, or in other words, balanced. So really, the length isn't as important as the shape. This particular pixie has enough volume and softness scattered about that it would work nicely on many face shapes. You just happen to already have  great bone structure.  I think you will look beautiful.  

Hairstyling

Dana Sear