Hairstyling/rebonded hair with bangs

Question
me with rebonded hair
me with rebonded hair  
QUESTION: Hi!!
I am jackie balingit-lunaria from the philippines. I just want to ask what style of bangs will go with my rebonded hair and round face? I had it done last october 2013 and just wanted to have a new hairstyle with bags since I have not tried it for the longest time.
I have i think a round face(correct me if i am wrong) that is why i wanted to make sure that i will be having a right hairstyle for me.
Hope you can help me with my inquiry.
Thank you so much.

ANSWER: Hi Jackie,

You'd look great in bangs.  You really would look good in any style but a fringe that is side swept where they're a bit shorter on one side and get longer as they move across grow out gracefully between hair cuts. I'd say give them a go. I think you'll look adorable with bangs.

In this photo, your face looks more oval than round to me.

QUESTION: Thank you for a quick response. I really appreciate it. The side swept bangs is a really good idea but I was quite hesitant if it will be good for my hair. I rebonded my hair so I am not sure if it will follow the direction on the sides. Are there any bangs style other than side swept that will look good on me?
Thank you..

Answer
Ok, well, hair cutting is all geometry. Short hair pushes long hair. When hair is cut to move one direction or another, the cut itself is what makes the direction. We do take into account growth patterns, texture, if the hair is wavy, curly or straight, etc. However,even if your hair insists on falling straight down because of the rebonding, you can still have side swept bangs or layers or angles or whatever. Your bangs don't have to move to the side. They can be cut to look like they move that way. Plus, once they're cut properly, you blow them dry the direction you want them to lay.

Rebonding shouldn't prevent you from being able to style your hair. Even with rebonding, you should still be able to round brush, curl, wave or whatever. In this case, since we're talking about bangs specifically, even if your hair insists on laying straight, and by the way, it's moving to the side just fine in this photo, they would still be cut the same way. From short to long. They'll still look like side swept even if they're laying straight down. If the rebonding was going to prevent them from moving to the side,the front of your hair in this photo would be pushing down, not to the side, even though it's long and tucked behind your ear.

All I can tell you is, I've never had to choose which hair cuts I could or could not do once I had rebonded someone's hair. Your natural growth patterns can present as many, if not more challenges to a cut than having it rebonded. The client I did today, can't wear bangs with her natural hair but she LOVES them once her hair has been rebonded.

I suspect you are concerned that the hair won't lay to the side because it's been straightened, but that simply has not been my experience.

Here's a couple of examples:
http://www.fashionihub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Tips-to-Maintain-Hair-Rebo

https://d1sttufwfa12ee.cloudfront.net/uploads/deal/thumb/4422.jpg

Hairstyling

Dana Sear