Hairstyling/White hair yellow

Question
I am an old woman with about 95% white hair. The low back still has some dark brown mixed in but the rest of my hair is really white. The white is yellowing from environmental causes. I regularly use a clarifying shampoo and sometimes use a silver brightening shampoos. Still, my hair is slightly yellow.

Can I use bleach to remove the yellowing? A hairdresser once told me that bleach will turn white hair yellow. Is this true. Another hairdresser told me bleach will whiten my white hair. Is this true? I sure don't want to make my white hair more yellow!

Help!

Thank you,

Judith

Answer
Judith,
 There is a simple colour process that will help. Tell your stylist to use a level 9 or 10 violet based blonde and mix it with 5 volume and then add shampoo and water in necessary for bottle application. They will apply it quickly at the sink and work it into a lather and check in 5 minutes, although it may take a few more. It should eliminate the yellow without affecting the dark colour.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman