Hairstyling/hair coloring

Question
im a school learner and i want to know what shade i should color my black hair black and how can i make it last long?

Answer
Hi Toria,

The best shade for you is determined by skin tone and how much maintenance you're willing to do. Without lightening, you aren't get get much of a noticeable change. Any time you lighten and put color over the top you're going to get fading and without being able to see you, I can't make any color suggestions. If you do a splash of color just under the surface, you'll have the least amount of retouching. Ombré for example doesn't shoe roots but the color will probably fade over time because black hair can be difficult to lift.

I'd recommend going in to a salon foe a free consultation so someone can look at your hair in person and make suggestions based on your hair tyoe, skin tone and lifestyle. I can't do anything without being able to see you.  

Hairstyling

Dana Sear