Hairstyling/cant cover grey

hi there,

My Sister in law is a hair dresser, just got her diploma, she's started colouring my hair to save me some cash at the salon.  My hair is very dark brown with approx. 80% grey(silver)roots, i'm a natural brunette, most would say my hair was black, problem is when she colours my roots it doesn't take, she uses a permanent salon hair colour 50ml of No. 4.0 mixed with 75ml 6% 20Vol cream peroxide as per manufacturers instructions but it still wont cover my greys.... arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!  So annoying! My hair is not thick, its quiet silky and well cared for, we cant understand why the roots wont take the colour?
Can you help :) thanks in advance!

This is a common issue and easily remedied. Often natural (or neutral) series of colours lack the warmth needed for good coverage of grey hair. What she wants to do is add some warmth, either with a warm natural series (not red) if her colour line has one, or some gold series in the same level that she uses now. This should add the warmth now lacking for better coverage. Also, increasing the timeing by 10-15 minutes will probably help as well.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in