Hairstyling/Hair coloring

I want to do something different with the color of my hair. Like ombre or lowlights, I think. I'm loving the new funky colors I've seen on many in my community. Anyways, my problem is, I've got strawberry blonde hair and I don't know what color would look good. Can you help?

Hi Alicia,

Without being able to see you, not really. I can tell you that I have a couple of clients with strawberry blond hair abd when I do ombré with vibrant colors on them we lean toward warm and bright. One of my clients gets ombré with orange, yellow and red. The easiest way to tell if a color will look good is to hold it against your skin.  There are certain colors I would avoid, green being one. You might like a turquoise. I would just do a search on Pinterest.

A great way to try the colors first is to use hair chalk. It will only last till you shampoo your hair and you can experiment with color combinations before you commit to hair color.  

Dana Sear

I can answer questions on all types of hairstyling, cutting, designing, coloring, corrective color, perming techniques,product knowledge, and in general, anything that has anything to do with hair. PLEASE NOTE: I am a professional designer and trainer. I do hair and teach advanced classes to licensed designers. I do not, under any circumstances, recommend doing chemical services including but not limited to relaxers, perms, color, highlights, or any other chemical service at home. I will not tell you how to use professional products nor will I tell you how to do your color at home. What I CAN do is arm you with current and accurate information and help you to be able to better communicate with your stylist/designer. I can also help you with what you need to do at home to maintain, protect, and treat your hair.

I have been a designer and educator for 31 years. I have been a salon consultant for Redken, affiliate trainer for ABBA Pure and Natural, Director of Education for my own salon and am currently a member of the design team and advanced trainer for my company. I specialize in corrective color, perming and style support, and image updates (make overs)

I have been actively licensed for 31 years. I actively participate in and teach cutting, perming, coloring, and business building classes. I am a REDKEN Certified Haircolorist, and REDKEN Specialist. I also have extensive training in Structure in Motion Cutting Techniques and Tigi Cutting.