hello! Am 17 ! When i do hairblowdry at home with my hairdryer, my hair seems good! But is it good to do hairblowdry often? Will it damage my hair? And i wanna grow my hair before my college which starts in 2 months! What should i do?

Hi Sowmya,

Blow drying your hair is fine as long as you do it carefully. Always use some kind of thermal protectant. You seldom need it set on high. Medium speed and medium heat should be plenty and is less drying. I like to leave my hair wrapped in a towel long enough to absorb mist if the water. Then, don't use a brush until it's about 75% dry. Hair is most fragile when it's wet so the dryer it is before you put tension I it the better.

As far as growing it, hair grows an inch in 4 to 6 weeks. There's little you can do about that. Keep the split ends trimmed off. Once hair splits, it can't be repaired and the splits will move up the hair strand so keeping them  trimmed away, your hair won't be breaking off the bottom making it seem like it isn't growing. A healthy diet, exercise and treating your hair gently will allow it to grow as fast as possible but how fast it grows is determined by heredity. Just keep it healthy.  

Dana Sear

I can answer questions on all types of hairstyling, cutting, designing, coloring, corrective color, perming techniques,product knowledge, and in general, anything that has anything to do with hair. PLEASE NOTE: I am a professional designer and trainer. I do hair and teach advanced classes to licensed designers. I do not, under any circumstances, recommend doing chemical services including but not limited to relaxers, perms, color, highlights, or any other chemical service at home. I will not tell you how to use professional products nor will I tell you how to do your color at home. What I CAN do is arm you with current and accurate information and help you to be able to better communicate with your stylist/designer. I can also help you with what you need to do at home to maintain, protect, and treat your hair.

I have been a designer and educator for 31 years. I have been a salon consultant for Redken, affiliate trainer for ABBA Pure and Natural, Director of Education for my own salon and am currently a member of the design team and advanced trainer for my company. I specialize in corrective color, perming and style support, and image updates (make overs)

I have been actively licensed for 31 years. I actively participate in and teach cutting, perming, coloring, and business building classes. I am a REDKEN Certified Haircolorist, and REDKEN Specialist. I also have extensive training in Structure in Motion Cutting Techniques and Tigi Cutting.