Hairstyling/Best at-home hair care

Question
Hi :)

I'm looking to start a good hair care routine for myself. I would like my hair to be long, smooth, soft and visibly healthy. I have medium length hair at the moment. Its naturally dark auburn and i have never dyed it. Its neither think nor thin just average and it is a mix of wavy, straight and curly. I tend to style it with an iron but the one i currently have supposedly does not require a heat protectant spray. I would like to know what products would be good to use(shampoo, conditioner, oils etc both in and out of the shower). Preferably all with a similar or identical fragrance, something like lavender or strawberry perhaps(something soft, feminine, and innocent) Thank you so much :)

Answer
Hi Maddie,

Without actually being able to see you, I can only guess at what you might like. I only recommend professional products because of FDA regulations regarding over the counter products. I can help you with a regimen and give you some general guidelines.

I have a couple of irons that say they don't require heat protectant that I use on clients. However, I ALWAYS use and recommend thermal protection.

I would recommend products for curly hair, even though you heat style. Shampoo, daily conditioner, a leave in serum with heat protection and some sort of styling aid. Then, it's a great idea, based on your hair tyoe to deep condition once every 7-10 shampoos but you would be better off having a designer look at your hair to determine which one would work well for you.  Which one will depend on how you style your hair. Redken Curvaceous, DevaCurl and SexyCurly by SexyHair are the ones I recommend most. If you stay within one brand, you'll be able to have the same or complimentary fragrances. AG Hair Cosmetics has great products for curly hair too.

If you never wear your hair curly, all the product lines have products for smoothing as well. The easiest way oy go about this though is to ask your hairdresser for recommendations based on your hair type, styling preferences, etc.  

Hairstyling

Dana Sear