Hairstyling/Hair dye reaction??

Question
I had my hair colored at the salon on Friday. I am extremely anxious over a possible reaction. My head feels a little itchy (but it does sometimes anyway). Its now Tuesday and I'm terrified of a reaction still. I washed my hair in the sink today to keep from chemicals getting on my body andmy head felt funny when I stood completely up. At this point I don't know if its the hair color or anxiety. How long would the PPD be active in the hair and could it possibly still cause an anaphylactic reaction?

Answer
Rebekah,
 As you suspect, your anxiety is getting the best of you, I believe. Anaphylaxis, if you were very allergic to the colour, would have occurred within hours of the service. Itching after colour is common. This can be minimized in a few ways. Firstly, don't shampoo at least a day or two before a colour service. The natural scalp oils provide a natural barrier against slight irritation that causes itching. Also, your stylist can add a packet of Sweet-n-Low to your colour. This will also reduce or eliminate the itching. It's also important that the scalp be shampooed well to remove all colour residue from the scalp and to use a low PH conditioner to return the hair and scalp to a more natural PH after the service.
 As for shampooing in the sink, there is no need for that, as, unless there was an extreme amount of actual colour left in your hair (which I'll assume was not the case) there is no danger of residual chemicals getting on your skin in the shower.  
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (Hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman