Hairstyling/Hair toner washing out?

Question
QUESTION: Hi, and thank you for your help. I am not sure what is going on with my hair. I have healthy brown hair and 2 weeks ago I got a beige blonde ombre done at the salon. After just 2 washes the blonde turned into a light strawberry blonde/copper color. I called the stylist and went in to get it fixed. She said she wasn't sure why the color changed so fast and decided to lift the blonde a little more, and then she told me the color should be fine now. Well, again after just 2 washes I can already tell that my hair is not the exact same color I walked out of the salon with. It is not as brassy as the first time, but it is slightly more of a strawberry blonde. What is causing this? Is the toner washing out and if so why? I know toner is not permanent but she told me it should last a while. This was my first time getting my hair dyed, and I'm extremely disappointed that the color is not what I paid for.

ANSWER: Leah,
 What you describe sounds not like the blonde is getting lighter as it would when it fades, but rather like it's getting slightly darker and redder. This is usually indicative of minerals or metals, especially iron, in your water. It coats the hair and turns it a brassy, almost orange looking.  You would nit notice this on hair tbat has not been lightened, as it would only show on light hair. If this is the case a clarifying or chelating shampoo used regularly will remive the buildup and keep it from recurring. Use it a few times to remove the deposits and then every second or third time to maintain.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

QUESTION: And this can happen after just 2 washes? Also, I have already spent more than I wanted to on hair products for this new style, so would my hair be okay if I used the clarifying shampoo that I already have which does not state that it is for color treated hair?

Answer
Leah,
 Assuming that the problem is what I think, it can indeed start to happen with only a few shampoos. I would suggest getting your stylist's opinion to be certain, as I am going by what your description sounds like to me. If you have clarifying shampoo then it will be fine to use. Do one lathering and rinse. Then do a second. Lather and leave on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing. Then condition. This should help with the buildup. After that, normal shampooing should be fine with clarifying shampoo every third shampoo or so. If it seems to reoccur, repeat the deep clarifying as above.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman