Hairstyling/shampoo

Question
Hi Hairman, thanks for bein available.  I'm in my mid 40s & have thinned, straight hair.  I used to use the cheap Suave, but it left residue on my scalp.  So bad sometimes, I would be able to scratch my scalp & fill up my nail with dead skin/residue/whatever it is.  I bought shampoo at Great Clips, which seemed to work OK, but was wonderin what is a good over-the-counter shampoo that will leave my scalp clean.

Answer
Greg,
 This does not sound like shampoo residue. No shampoo will leave that kind of residual effect. I believe this is dead skin sloughing off that needs to be removed. This can be achieved with any shampoo and just good scrubbing with your fingers (not nails) to loosen and remove the dead skin. It is not uncommon for some people to have a faster rate of skin regeneration, which requires more aggressive shampooing to maintain. I would suggest a deep cleansing shampoo every few shampoos; a clarifying or chelating shampoo. You can find these in any store. The brand is not important. And just use your regular shampoo otherwise. Other than that just scrub well with your fingertips or wash cloth and rinse well.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)  

Hairstyling

Hairman