Hairstyling/coloring hair

Question
I am trying to color my Brazilian hair,  I have a 20 and 10 volume,  I Just want it to lift to like a color 30. Will this b possible or do I need a 30 volume?

Answer
Hi Domenique,

I'm not sure what you mean by "color 30" but I can tell you that if your hair is hard to lift, doing it at home is going to get you a lovely shade of crayon orange. There's more to selecting the right shade than choosing the color on the box. My recommendation would be to call the customer service line of the brand you want to use and answer their questions. They'll be able to tell you if what you want to do is possible or not and which shade in their line will work best for you.  Lightening your hair is only half the battle. The color you apply needs to have the right corrective tones in it.

I have to state here, because I tell everyone, I do not recommend lightening hair at home. You have a 50/50 chance of it coming out well and if it doesn't, it's going to an expensive fix at a salon.  I bought my home with money I earned fixing home color.  

That being said, there is a new service - I'm sure you've seen the ads -  where you call or go to their web site and answer the survey and formulate the right shade and developer for you for about the price of a box of color. The ads all say something like,  See why hairdressers hate us, or, don't go to a salon, or why you should do your color at home. It will look like a news article. If you're on facebook at all, watch any of the videos and you'll see the ad, if you haven't already. If you simply Must color your own hair, I would advise going that route. Based on how you asked this question, that may be a safer route for you to take.  

Hairstyling

Dana Sear