Hairstyling/Straightening Products for Natural Hair

Question
Hello again!

I am African-American and I have thick, kinky hair. I've been wearing my hair naturally for about 2 years and I recently heard about natural straightening products. I haven't worn my hair straight in a long time.

My question is: What are some good straightening conditioners/shampoos that I can use on my hair that are at a reasonable price? Preferably ones that I might find at any local drugstore.

Answer
Hello again,

The difference between drugstore and salon brands that are most important are the quality and the amount of each ingredient. To be honest with you, the only thing I know about over the counter products is which ones I don't like. The ones that are ineffective, create a lot of buildup, etc.  so, to answer your question the best way I can is to tell you I would recommend Mizani. Their ThermaSmooth line is amazing on all hair types and textures. All I can tell you about the grocery store brands is that, most of the time, I have to do a clarifying treatment before I can color or chemically straighten the hair of my clients who use them.
Dudley is also a fave.  

Here's what to look for: high moisture, smoothing, and thermal protection. If you can find something that says those three things on the label, you're going to be as close as you can get with an over the counter product.  

Hairstyling

Dana Sear