Hairstyling/Top Knot for Thick Natural Black Hair

Question
Hair
Hair  
Hello and thanks for your service!

I have been going natural for about 2 years. I mainly wear my hear in a high bun or an afro and sometimes straightened. I've looked everywhere for tutorials on how to do a top knot with my type of hair, which is very thick, and I can't seem to find any.
Any techniques that I can use for my type of hair?

Below is  picture of me and my hair.

Answer
Jordan,
 One technique that may work for you is fairly simple. Put your hair up as in your picture and then comb or brush through it a bit after adding some nourishing oil for shine and softness. Take an invisible hair net and wrap the elastic edge around the base of the pony tail and secure the elastic around the base of the pony at the current elastic band and secure with a bobby pin. This will only be as much net edge as wraps around the pony tail base.  Bring the hair together and place the net over it and wrap the net, twisting or wrapping the hair with it, and secure the net with pins at the base to hide the edges of the net. This will give shape and control to the top knot with minimal pins and the net will barely be visible. It can be done with the hair straightened or natural for different textured looks. It's fast and easy.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (Hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman