Hairstyling/Hair loss and eyebrow grooming.

Question
QUESTION: It seems every time I get my hair cut the person asks me what shampoo and conditioner I use and I tell them Nioxin for over a year now and they pretend like they notice it making a difference and also act a bit turned off by the fact that my hair or lack thereof as is, is likely the best case scenario meanwhile I try to increasingly pretend that my hairloss isn't nearly as big a deal as say missing a limb or having a shitty personality and the people that cut my hair being the ones that burst my bubble the most. I don't have the heart to keep looking around town for new people to cut my hair. Why is a bald spot such a red button for beauticians?

I'm 33 and sometimes my eye brow is lighter than I feel it should be at the top. How common in eyebrow coloring and is it an easy thing to do? Who are the eyebrow experts out there one could go to?

ANSWER: James,
 Firstly, a bald spot or thinning area should not be such a red button for a stylist. Since you are using Nioxin, I will ask if you are just using the shampoo and scalp therapy or more of the system, as more of the system will provide better results. You may want to consider Scalp Renewal, an exfoliating treatment for the scalp done every 4-6 weeks. Another prospect is the Recharging Complex supplements, taken each day. You can also get similar supplements at your area GNC or store like that. OK, no more commercial.
 The stylist should accept that you are already involved in a regimen, however successful (or not) it may be and that all you need is a trim for now. If they are concerned beyond that, they may have plausible suggestions for you.
 Speaking of which, something that has been proven fairly successful is laser light scalp therapy. It takes a while, but is very promising.  There was recently a prime time news segment o its success.
 As for your eyebrows, I don't know where you live, but in many states, mine included, it's against the law for stylists to color eyebrows, for client safety reasons. What I would suggest for this is that you go to any store (even Wal-Mart) and get some "Just for Men) hair color. Choose just a bit lighter than you actually think you want, to be safe. You will only need a small amount, so just mix a little bit of the color and developer (this is what makes it work) and apply carefully to the eyebrows with a small brush. For safety, use a disposable mascara brush, as it's small, and just dip the very end into the mixed color and brush onto the brow with just the tip. Again, apply very small amounts to avoid dripping or worse, getting it in your eye, as you could burn your eye or possibly blind yourself. Serious stuff here. Allow to process for the directed time and remove with a damp soapy cloth.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

QUESTION: So there are not eyebrow care experts? Not even at a spa? How common is coloring eyebrows? Everyone over age 30 or what are we dealing with here?

Answer
James,
 Sorry for the delayed response, I was out of town. As I said before, in many states it is illegal for salons or stylists to color eyebrows, as a client safety issue, so depending on where you live, it may not be possible to find someone. My only suggestion would be to call salons in your area to ask if they do indeed color eyebrows.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman