Hairstyling/"base breaking"

Question
Hello, I wanted to ask your opinion on "breaking a base" before heavy hightliting, if I love a super light blonde (pale, not platinim).  How is this different from double process (in which I always hate because the base looks too warm all of the time).  And can tons of foils then be added on top to still achieve a super pale blonde (no gold and no ash).  PS my natural hair is between brown and blonde, like a 6, and pulls gold too easily.  Ive just been doing super heavy highlites with lightners/bleech.  Thanks alot!  Susanne

Answer
Susanne,
 If you don't like a warm base then "breaking the base" is not at all what you want. Breaking the base is simply a technique of slight gentle lifting of 1/2 to 1 level to slightly lighten the natural colour and let the natural tones or warmth show. Even adding heavy foiling to this, the background between the foils would be warm.
 If you want a heavy foiling without warmth in between, what they would do is either lift the new growth from your natural level 6 to an 8, which they should be able to do without extra warmth, and then apply your foiling, or do both at once by placing your foils and then applying your cool level 8 colour right around the foils as they process. Your foils would still be done with bleach of course.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)  

Hairstyling

Hairman