Hairstyling/Violet Shampoo/ Conditioner

Question
Hi Steve,

I had my hair bleached to platinum blonde two weeks ago.  Naturally, I am darker than Kate Middleton, so it was not so easy, but we got me out not at all brassy.  That said, a few of my strands got a little bit warmer when I took a shower at a hotel.  I panicked, and bought the Kevin Murphy purple shampoo, and conditioner, and left the conditioner on for five minutes three days in a row.  It turned a lot of my hair purple, and now it looks much warmer than before.  I probably should have not freaked out.  Do you think I could wash it out with Pureology purifying shampoo, and use a really strong conditioner?  If it was not warm before I used the violet shampoo, will it cool back down, once I get the purple out?  Or, do you think I need to go back, and ask them to reglaze it?  I had this done via a full foil, which was quite a process…. 97 foils packed in, with 40 volume bleach.  I want to make sure it does not get to the point where I would have to lose the length.  A girl at the salon says she has seen this happen before, when one gets too obsessive about purple shampoo~ turns the hair a mauve-like color.  What do you think the best option is?

Answer
Katie,
 Just to clarify, if you are seeing purple or violet, that is cool, not warm. Warm would be towards brassy. Just a pint of clarification.
 What you used is meant as a temporary fix for excess yellow, so not to worry. Just shampoo it with any regular shampoo a couple of times and the violet will subside. It is meant to shampoo out. It may take a few days, but it will happen, no problem. As your hair is bleached, you should always condition, whatever shampoo you use. If you feel the need to use this again in the future, just one shampoo left on for a minute or two, then continue with your regular shampoo again.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman