Hairstyling/Going light to dark? to get a balayage look

Question
target hair dye job
target hair dye job  
Hi there, so iv never attempted to change my hair this much while using box dyes. I would like to know a formula and how i can match the colors to get the color i want. I have light ash blonde for my natural color and i let that color grow out to my shoulders, I also have very light blonde yellowish ends that were previously bleached and the texture is dry. My goal is to go to a dark warm chestnut color. I want to apply this color to my natural hair and my ends but i want to leave some of the bleached blonde ends to create this balayage look. I'm not sure if i should start by filling the ends pieces i want colored then use the dark chestnut color over top? Then use the dark chestnut brown for the roots. Or should I use a filler for the roots and end pieces then go to my target color? What filler color would you suggest? I would like pretty thorough instructions if possible since im a newbee at coloring.

Answer
Rachel,
 Unfortunately, what you want is far too ambitious for a do it yourself job with box color. There is too much involved to try this at home. You'll rally want to get this done professionally, even if you decide to maintain it yourself. Your hair will thank you.
Best of luck to you,
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman