Hairstyling/Hairstyle

Question
Hi, I am growing my relaxer out. I am currently wearing protective styles, such as twists - no extensions. Is wearing twist updos safe to wear? I just started this style a week ago. The sylist did not twist or braid too tight. I am getting the style done weekly so that it can be washed, conditioned, and the condition of my hair can be examined. I'm just concerned about the rubberband (one) and bobby pins being used to keep it together as an updo. It's not tights. I don't want to cause damage where the rubberband and bobby pins are. Will I "hurt" my hair by wearing an updo for two weeks. What are your suggestions? Thank you!

Answer
First, my sincere apology for the delayed response. You are wise to avoid tension, and it sounds like your stylist is working well with you in this endeavor. You can certainly wear an updo, as long as (as you said) the elastic is not too tight. The pins should not cause an issue. I think that as long as the updo is not creating undo stress anywhere, two weeks should be safe. I like that fact that you are doing all the right things to ensure long term health for your hair. Keep up the good work.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman