Hairstyling/Product to apply after straightening my hair that will not curl it up?

Question
Hello Mr. Hairman

I have been very frustrated with my hair and need your advice.  I am a male growing out my hair and currently it is down to my nose-while the hair in the back and around is a bit shorter.  I have quite a lot of hair which is thick, more curly in the back and more wavy on top.

My problem is: When I straighten my hair, I do like how it looks but I don't like how "bouncy" and full my hair is.  I am looking for a product that I can apply which will weigh my hair down, preferably give it that "wet" look, but most importantly keep it straight.  

I have tried got2b glue, got2b hair spray, Murray's pomade/wax, Sporting waves pomade, different types of gels, and Schwarzkopf anti-frizz gloss serum. I probably have tried other products that I can't remember. I don't know what is the one (or more) ingredients that I need to avoid (water, oil, silicone?) so my hair does not curl up again as soon as I apply the product.  I like how straight (needle like) my hair is with a pomade/wax but shortly after my hair becomes a curly oily mess.

When I don't straighten my hair I use John Frieda's curl relaxer and it works fine, but I need a product to apply after straightening it.

What do you recommend? Is there a specific product? I have thought about only applying a bit of wax on the tips but not sure if that will cause the tips to curl up and make my hair look funny.  Please help me out, thanks!

Answer
Nash,
 This is a frustrating problem. Unfortunately, once you straighten your hair, anything that adds moisture to it or dampens the hair at all will make it start to curl again. If you definitely want your hair straight, I might suggest getting it chemically relaxed. That way it will be easier to style and maintain and if you do add product of your choice it won't curl back up again. The new growth would have to be retouched every few months. Since your hair grows just about 1/2 inch a month, you'll probably want to have the new growth relaxed every 10-12 weeks, or as needed, as the new growth gets long enough to cause more work again.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman