Hairstyling/Should I dye my hair blonde or brown?

Hair Colours
Hair Colours  
KEEP IN MIND that if I were to go blonde it wouldn't be the same blonde as I have in the first picture, it would be exactly like the third picture. My natural hair colour is somewhat ashy medium-dark blonde and I have dark brown eyes.

Thanks for your help!

First of all, bear in mind that pictures are not always a good judge of how colours look on someone, as the results can vary depending on lighting and other factors, not always giving a true representation of how something really looks on you. Based on these pictures however, I would recommend brunette rather than blonde, as the brunette appears to bring out your features and skin tones better. If you look at the pictures, with the blonde hair your features and colouring fade away and get lost. With the brunette colour your features show. I believe that as a blonde you would have to wear more makeup and with the blonde washing you out, the makeup is mostly what you would see. If you want some brightness and dimension, some small blonde chunks (not big ones) would give a burst of brightness and not wash you out.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)  

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in