Hairstyling/hair color

I am naturally a honey blonde but have been dying my hair red and auburn for years. What will i need to do to go back to my natural color?

Hi Rachel,

I apologize for the delayed response I was away from my computer for a few days.

To go back to a honey blonde color on your hair is possible but there are several steps it would require and it is a process that only a licensed trained professional should be doing on your hair. If an untrained person attempts to do this process for you there is the potential risk of damaging the hair, chemically burning the scalp, or ending up with an undesired hair color which will then become a color correction which can be quite expensive.

To go back to your natural honey blonde, you would have to let the old hair color grow out and slowly cut off that old color without reapplying any new color because you cannot get your natural color out of an artificial color.

I hope this answers your question. Thank you and good luck.

Can answer questions regarding haircoloring, haircare, retail products, haircutting, hairstyling and perms. Can not answer questions regarding hair straightners (chemical) and hair extentions.

I have been licensed for more than 23 years in the cosmetology field. One day I hope to become an Artistic Educator with a major color manufacturer or a platform artist. I specialize in color correction as color is a passion of mine. I have management experience as I managed a salon for a major chain for nearly four years. I have experience in training both video and by demonstrating techniques. I have expensive product knowledge.

Licensed cosmetologist in the state of oregon since 1991. Attend hair shows regularly to keep up with the current trends and techniques.

1991 Color competition that had five catagories to enter, out of the five catagories I placed in three of them with a first place, third place and fourth place.