Hairstyling/salon haircolor

julia wrote at 2015-06-02 13:32:55
This book is definitely a 5-Star rating. I've purchased each and every book David Valasco has published. I'm now a certified master hair colorist and teach young minds throughout the country. David is truly one of the best in the industry as a leader, educator, and a master at simplifying the understanding of the science of hair color. I recently purchased Haircolor 101 as a core reference for when I building up new curriculums. This book is a must for all beginners. You'll learn the most important things to consider before you even begin a color service, such as: The importance of determining hair textures, levels of porosity, and how to work with the hairs natural underlying undertones during a color or lightening service. You also learn really cool formulation secrets that David has honed and fine tuned through his tenure as a colorist. I can't say enough good about David Valasco's work and dedication to passing on his amazing knowledge of How Hair Color Works and how to be the master in your game when it comes to doing it. Just buy one book and you'll see what I mean!

Dana Sear

I can answer questions on all types of hairstyling, cutting, designing, coloring, corrective color, perming techniques,product knowledge, and in general, anything that has anything to do with hair. PLEASE NOTE: I am a professional designer and trainer. I do hair and teach advanced classes to licensed designers. I do not, under any circumstances, recommend doing chemical services including but not limited to relaxers, perms, color, highlights, or any other chemical service at home. I will not tell you how to use professional products nor will I tell you how to do your color at home. What I CAN do is arm you with current and accurate information and help you to be able to better communicate with your stylist/designer. I can also help you with what you need to do at home to maintain, protect, and treat your hair.

I have been a designer and educator for 31 years. I have been a salon consultant for Redken, affiliate trainer for ABBA Pure and Natural, Director of Education for my own salon and am currently a member of the design team and advanced trainer for my company. I specialize in corrective color, perming and style support, and image updates (make overs)

I have been actively licensed for 31 years. I actively participate in and teach cutting, perming, coloring, and business building classes. I am a REDKEN Certified Haircolorist, and REDKEN Specialist. I also have extensive training in Structure in Motion Cutting Techniques and Tigi Cutting.