Hairstyling/salon color ques

Hi have hair color ques. I am r3 to have maybe 20 percent gray in my hair not very much. My ques is I asked for a 7 in chi permanent hair color and stylist suggested mixing a 6 and a 7 well my hair came out more like a medium dark brown. He also used coloranse by Coldwell on ends as he said it was not healthy to use permanent color on ends. How can I fix it to a 7 golden light brown without damaging it? My stylist says it will lighten up which I know it will but not that much. Also first time I ever got it but stylist shampooed my hair before coloring. Told him I've always had hair color put in when dry he said with thicker hair if it's wet color slides in better which I heard opposite hair adheres better when hair hasn't been washed for a few days. Please clue me in have u ever heard of that? Is it better for stylist to wash my hair before color

A few things here. First to the question of whether to shampoo or not. Either way is fine and some color products actually suggest it. There is not truth to the statement that color adheres better to hair not shampooed. The reason that clients are often asked not to shampoo for a few days actually has nothing to do with how the color will take, but rather the comfort of the client. Not shampooing allows the natural acid mantle to remain in place on the scalp, shielding it slightly from the effects of the color, especially if the client has a more sensitive scalp.
 As for getting a lighter color, the only way to do that would be to lift out the current color just enough so that the new color can be applied. If your hair is not damaged now it should still not be after doing this if it is done properly.In the meantime, what you can try to lift the color slightly at home is to shampoo with liquid laundry detergent. Apply like shampoo , lather and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Work it through gently, no need to scrub at all, since the purpose is not to cleanse the scalp or hair, but just for the detergent nature of the laundry detergent to lift out some of the color. Rinse and condition. You should see a bit of a difference after one application.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in