Hairstyling/shiny synthetic hair

Question
Hello Hairman

My sister just installed box braids (on me), using synthetic hair.  I noticed it is very shiny; it does not look as natural as the other braids I have had in the past.  I did research to find ways to dull it a little bit.  I found out you can use talcum powder or dry shampoo.  The problem is the instructions are for loose synthetic hair e.g., wigs, ponytails,unused braiding hair, etc.  I could not find out what to do when I already have braids installed.  Can I apply said powders onto my braids? If not, do you have any suggestion?  Thank you,

Answer
Renee,
 Sorry for my delayed response. I have done this same thing but not on braids. I would suggest very lightly applying to just one area first to see how it works before proceeding. You might try lightly powdering a cloth and then lightly patting on the braids to avoid too much in one area, since you can't brush it through like on loose hair.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman