Hairstyling/soft water and perms not lasting

I have been getting perms for years and they have always lasted right around 3-4 months...until recently I lived in a house with well water .  Last year I moved into a home with bad water - extremely hard and sulfur - we had a state of the art water softener installed - 12 filters ultra violet light etc. The water now is very soft and my perm only last 5 weeks max!  Is there anything I can use to make the perms hold longer - I have very straight fine hair. My hairdresser says my hair now feels like baby hair. She has tried a few things but none have worked and she is baffled by all of it as am I.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I will make some suggestions for the perm, to stabilize it a bit more for longer lasting ability and for home care.
 When your stylist perms you hair, make sure she clarifies it first. After rinsing the perm, have her wait about 20-30 minutes before neutralizing, blotting well with paper towels every 5-10 minutes. This will make a huge difference in stabilizing fine hair.  AT home, alternate your regular shampoo with a clarifying shampoo to counter the effects of your water system. You may also find that a sea salt spray, sold to give the "beach wave" look on wavy hair may help. This helps pull in natural or permed wave and curl. You would spray it on after towel drying and before your styling products.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in