Hairstyling/Top knot/hair buns

Hello! As you can see, I have attached an image of myself with a top knot bun. I would like to know if I am doing it right, and if it looks good? My mom always says that you're always the biggest critic to your own work, so to me, this top knot looks bad. But I would like an experts opinion. If you don't like it, can you give me some pointers? Thank you!

P.S. For this top knot I put my hair in a ponytail, then I twisted my hair around the ponytail and I secured it with a hair tie :)

Don't be hard on yourself, you did a fine job. If you want to refine the look, comb the hair more smoothly before making the ponytail. If you want the knot a bit fuller you can tease the ponytail a bit first, smooth the surface so the teasing doesn't show, and then wrap it around.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (Hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in