Hairstyling/Air Oxidized Perms

Dear Hairman,

I have worn an airox perm for about 20 years. My stylist in CA did them every Friday and Saturday multiple clients all day. She used the Matrix Synerfusion Perm, did the normal curl solution, dryer , s curve, then rinse. She would then send me home with a plastic bag and a string of cotton for my overnight adventure wearing perm rods. She said the perm must remain moist over night. I would return to the salon 20 hours later and she would rinse and take the rods out. My hair has always been highlighted with bleach and the perm was always clean , well defined curls and no damage whatso ever. It would last over a year and then I would get another one.
10 years ago she moved down south and I moved to Vegas. I wanted my stylist to try out the airox perm as she has never done one. We have looked for the Matrix Synerfusion perm and cannot find it. The new perms that matrix makes (from what I have read) use a different technique.
Can you recommend a current airox perm that is available and give some directions that I can print out and take to Total Image Salon with me?
I really miss that perm.
Thanks for your help.

It wasn't the perm, but the techniquethat your stylist used. The perm she usef was nat made for air oxidizing. She just chose to air oxidize. The concept works with any perm. Although I am surprised to hear that she had you keep it moist, since the principle actually depends on allowing the hair to fully dry naturally on the rods rather than applying neutralizer. If it works the way she did it, that's the most important thing.
 So again, it can be done with any perm suited for highlighted hair.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe ( hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in