Hairstyling/Dry Hair

Hello man,

I need help. For years and years, I have had EXTREMELY thick hair and I'm a guy. As soon as it get too long it gets incredibly dry, it's simply ridiculous. Especially the side of the hair is very dry and straw like... I have tried literally everything (diffuser, conditioners with no sulphates) I only wash my hair once a week and have found that using only conditioner and no shampoo is much better for my hair, it keeps some sort of shape and doesn't just frazzle out.

It is still ridiculously dry though. The following photo is after the result of loads of conditioner, argon oil and a diffuser and it's still so DRY. What shall I do?

Firstly, my apology for the delayed response. Actually, your hair isn't dry, or not exactly.  Coarse wavy hair tends to have a dry look by nature, even if it isn't actually. You are thinking along the correct lines for your hair however. While you don't want to shampoo every day, shampoo on alternate days, just rinsing well and conditioning on days you don't shampoo. You want to use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, curly hair formula is available. This will add additional moisturizing to your hair. After towel drying apply a very small amount of your moisturizing conditioner to your hair, work in well and leave in. After this you can apply you nourishing oil ,Argan or whatever you prefer and leave in. If diffusing, do so without disturbing the hair. What you are seeing is more unruliness than dryness. It would probably work best just combed or fingered into place and left to dry naturally, undisturbed.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in