Hairstyling/Strange waxy coating on scalp and roots

Hi, I was wondering if there was a final answer to Erica's problem from December 2011. I moved to Florida from Chile a year ago, we have very harsh water in Chile (lots of minerals), and after a few months and lots of stress here in Florida I started noticing a waxy coating on patches of scalp and roots, it is now all over my head, it itches and there's some gunk when I scratch it, but I had this before I even can't here. I've tried Baking soda, white vinegar, honey, head & shoulders, anti dandruff shampoos, Neutrogena's dermatitis shampoo and nothing. After the shampoo I need lots of conditioner to help me detangle my curly hair in the shower, and after rinsing it and out of the shower, I can't run my fingers through my hair like I used to, I need a leave in conditioner or oil to detangle it again and leave it kind of smooth. I currently don't have health insurance so a dermatologist is not an option for me at the moment.
Did I mention that I'm shedding hair like crazy? Apart from shedding when detangling, I find hair in my clothes...
Thank you for however you can help me.

I have been trying to find what the problem is for you. I believe it's excess sebum from your scalp not being removed. Apply a clarifying or cheating shampoo to the dry hair and work through well and leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing. Repeat if necessary and then condition. It this does not work, I'd suggest trying the same thing with liquid laundry detergent, as it has a higher detergent content for removing the buildup, then condition. After the first time the clarifying shampoo on a regular basis should maintain it.
Something else you may want to consider is that there may be too many oils or fats in your diet, causing excess sebum production in your scalp.
Best of luck to you
Stephe ( hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in