Hairstyling/How can I get my natural curly hair back?

Question
What hair used to look like
What hair used to look  

hair now
hair now  
I am a 20 year old female with hair that reaches the top of my butt (hip length).

I had large curls as a child up, much like the attached image,  until the age of 12 or 13. Then I began straightening my hair every single day! I also bleached it with an at home kit. It looked god awful so I let it grow fully out. At the age of 15 I stopped straightening my hair everyday and just let it have a break. I noticed that my hair was no longer the big curls I used to have, and instead was left with very loose wavy hair, and I began to truly miss them. This is also when bleached the underneath of my hair and died it pink until I was 16... at that point, I died over it to my natural hair color which is medium/dark brown. I hated the damage I did to my hair so at the age of 17 I cut off all the dead ends which led my hair to be a little below shoulder length. When I cut off my hair, it removed all of the hair color I was growing out... so in hope of cutting off 6 inches of hair and removing all previous color, I thought my natural curls would somehow appear again... and they didn't....

I am now 20 years old who had hip length virgin hair up until a month ago when I got my hair professionally dyed dark brown with a hint of red and placed very very thin blonde peekaboo highlights in my hair, and trimmed it an inch, got more layers, and side bangs.

I just so badly want my large natural curls back and I just want to know if I can ever get them back.

Answer
Ana,
 Layering may help, but sadly, this often happens. It is not uncommon for hair to change its curl pattern from time to time. I would suggest adding some more layers to lighten the weight of the hair and free up wave that is still there. I would also suggest using a moisturizing conditioner regularly, as that can also be a reason why hair does not wave or curl as mush, if it's dry. And finally I would look for a curl enhancer spray. You can find them in some stores. Tressa makes one called PERK-IT. You spray it into towel dried hair and it helps natural or permed wave or curl pull in more. You may be able to find it online or at a salon in your area.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman