Hairstyling/Hair4 after anesthesia

Question
I had a hip replace exactly one year ago. I am noticing that my hair has become more curly then it used to be. I have always had natural curly hair from childhood, but it seems now, any humidity at all and I am a ball of curl. Kind of dry too. I to use a good leave in conditioner by Aveda but it doesn't seem to be helping. My hair is very soft too and flattens on the top.  Welcome to old age, heh?

Answer
Marie,
 It's not unusual for hair to react to the anesthesia after surgery. However, that usually returns to normal in a few months. I have a feeling that this is just natural changes that often occur with many people, and not just due to age. Hair often changes texture or curl for no apparent reason, and then at some point will change again. I've seen it with many clients. As for the top flattning, it may need to be a little shorter or have some texturizing added to give additional lift. There are many shampoos, conditioners and styling products for curly hair to help fight humidity. If you are currently using Aveda products, I would suggest asking your stylist for product suggestions from that line. They make excellent products.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)  

Hairstyling

Hairman