Is it normal to have your hair come out in the comb? I am 59.
I'm tring to grow it out but whever I comb it, I get a lot of hair in my comb. If I just run my hands thru it, I get a couple of strands. When I take my barrette out at night,I get a few strands. But when I comb it in the morn,I get A LOT of hair.

This is absolutely normal.  You lose a certain amount each day and will notice it most when brushing or shampooing. If you are not noticing any thinning anywhere I would not worry about it. If you do seem to be getting thinner at all, I would suggest consulting your doctor. Some conditions can cause moderate hair loss, like thyroid imbalance. Again, I would only be concerned if you see noticeable thinning.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in