Hall & Oates/www.hallandoates.com

Question
QUESTION: Hi,
There's a lot of buzz going on at the hallandoates.com discussion board about the terminating of Lori Allred and the future of the discussion board itself. It's all speculation but everyone is totally anti-Hall & Oates right now because they believe that the duo is responsible for the "downsizing" that cut Lori from her position as board administrator. Do you have any information about what's going on?

ANSWER: Hi Dawn,

I received an e-mail from Lori about the downsizing.  It seemed like it caught her by surprise.  I feel bad for her because I think she has really done a lot to connect the fans, so I understand why fans are on Lori's side for the moment.  It doesn't make me anti-Hall and Oates at all since I'm in it for the music, not some quasi-political maneuvering.  From my perspective, the downsizing was probably a management decision.  Some speculate that Hall and Oates are literally separating, each venturing into solo waters for the duration of their careers.  I can certainly understand why that may be true.  Daryl hogs the limelight onstage when the duo are together (yeah, I know most of the pressure is on him as well), and John may seek his own warm spotlight.  Certainly, each man has enough personal talent to do whatever he wants.  If a separation is in the works, I'll be sad but thankful for the wonderful music and lyrics both Daryl Hall and John Oates have created.
I'll continue to watch live concerts at www.livefromdarylshouse.com.  I'll buy solo albums when and if they are produced.
Any change ruffles feathers.  The unknown is always scary.  We'll all have to wait and see.
Sorry I can't offer more real information, but I'm in the same position as you and everyone else.  Gotta watch and listen for clues along the way.

Keep the faith.

Diana

QUESTION: Hello again,
Well, looks like it's over. There is no more discussion board at the website. Here's the announcement on the home page:

>To our Fans

We would like to extend our warmest thanks to Lori Allred for her years of hard work and vision.  She has truly been a valued member of the Hall & Oates team. Like “Change of Seasons”, the operation of this site and LiveFromDarylsHouse.com will be going through extensive changes in the next few months, both in look and functionality. Please continue to check for updates.

Again, we wish Lori all the best.  

Daryl, John & The Crew<

This is so sad. I didn't want to believe that it would actually happen but there it is. It's history.

Thanks again,
Dawn

Answer
Hi Dawn,

You are so welcome.
As a fellow fan of Hall and Oates, we'll always have the music.  And, I suppose, with any partnership of about 40 years, little tears can occur that break open and widen.  Who knows why or what or when or anything?  We have to be patient and wait and see.
The Beatles didn't last as long, yet we still have the music, and both Paul and Ringo continue to play.
If we're lucky, both Daryl and John will continue to play, separately or together.
I'm glad that Daryl, John, and crew thanked Lori for her dedication.
I'm sad that the message board is gone.  It brought so many together.  But what will always connect me is the music.
I'll continue to listen.  I hope you will, too.

In the spirit of "Do It for Love," I wish you well.

Diana

Hall & Oates

Diana