Hall & Oates/Album Worth

Question
Timothy,

I have a record that was given to me by an ex-manager of the band, Andy. It is "Abandoned Luncheonette" and one of the albums is black and one of them is red vinyl. Is there any way you could help me assess the worth of the record, or if not could you direct me to someone who could? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Linda

Answer
Hi Linda,

Thank you for writing!  I apologize for the delay...the holiday season has gotten the best of my schedule (and e-mail load).

It sounds like you have a very unique item.  I am not aware of a "double" album version of *Abandoned Luncheonette*......  I have one of the largest collections of Daryl and John's music, and I've never seen nor heard of anything like what you have.

Do both LP's have the same songs and track order?  Is the only difference the wax/vinyl color (red and black)?

As for monetary value, I would have a difficult time assessing that.  I am not an appraiser and it would unfair of me to suggest something and have it be way off (in either direction).

If you can answer my above questions, though, I might be able to assess its collectability and historical context.  That may help you in determining its "value" or "worth."

After you determine a monetary value, and if you are ever interested in selling it, let me know.  I know of several people (myself included) who may be interested in purchasing it.

Take care and thanks for writing!
Tim
txh120 (at) psualum (dot) com

Hall & Oates

Timothy D. Hufnagle